As our homepage says “Inside every company there is a story to tell”. But marketing to today’s sophisticated consumers and business buyers is no longer just about telling stories in words. It’s about ensuring that your customer has a personalized experience supported by relevant messaging and content at every step of their customer journey regardless of the channel. To deliver this experience requires a much broader understanding of “messaging” than the traditional definition, an understanding that Designworks, with our unique blend of strategic, creative and technical capabilities, can deliver.
Who Are You Messaging To?
The process of effective messaging and content creation begins with asking simple questions that help you determine:
- Who are the people within your target market that you need to focus on?
- What are the business problems and personal issues that they care about?
- How can you tell your story in a way that makes these people want to engage with you to solve their problem?
- What content do you need to tell this story as your customer goes through their buying journey with you?
Armed with this foundation, deciding what story you want to tell and how you want/need to tell it becomes much easier.
What Story Do You Want To Tell?
“Inside every company there is a story to tell” sounds good but the reality is that inside every company there are dozens of stories to tell. Your job as a marketer is to decide which story to tell at what stage of the customer journey. This is an area where Designworks can provide great value by mapping out the customer journey and helping you decide at each stage what story/content you need to tell and how best to do this.
Not Just Words
Story-telling no longer just relies on written content and same-old, same-old collateral. In fact, sometimes the best content isn’t words at all. For example, it might be:
- Website navigation that ensures your customer can easily decide what page to visit to get more information
- A customer video where a customer tells your story in terms of their experience with you
- An infographic that capture in a visual form why the customer should care about your solution
Designworks: Your Messaging Partner
With our strategic, creative and technical capabilities, Designworks is uniquely positioned to help you tell your story regardless of whether this in words, pictures, in the user-experience of your website or a unique mobile app. The days of selling by telling are over. Today’s sophisticated consumers and business buyers need personalized, relevant messaging and content at every step of their customer journey and Designworks can help you deliver this.